The Best Beginner Guide To The Roulette Wheel
Are you looking for information on how to play French roulette? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ll cover everything you need to know to play French roulette online in 2021.
What will you find here? Foremost is our top-ranked list of the best French roulette online casinos for this year. Besides that, we’ll explain how to play online and the basic rules you need to know.
Best Indian French Roulette Casinos
What Is “French Roulette”?
It’s a casino game that gained popularity in the aftermath of the French revolution. French roulette is a variant of classic roulette.
It has its own rules and unique features that benefit players. The layout of the board along with the types of bets are different from other versions.
It has 37 divisions, with the numbers from 0 to 36. Each square alternate between the colours red and black. While the zero has green colouring.
How To Play French Roulette Game?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to play French roulette online:
Step 1: Choose an online casino from our list
Our top casinos are secure, those are the ones we recommend. Yet, it’s up to you to go for the one that fits you.
All offer a variety of online French roulette and Live French roulette online titles. It’s the payment methods and the range of titles available that may vary from one site to another.
After choosing it, sign up using your personal data.
Step 2: Make a deposit and select a title
Once signed up, you will need to make your first deposit to be able to play with real money.
Go to casino banking and select your preferred payment method. Enter the amount and details requested, then, confirm your deposit and you’re done. Within the specified time, you will see your money in your casino account balance.
Next, go to the roulette section, and pick the one you want to play. Remember that French roulette has variations, but all follow common rules.
Step 3: Place your bets
When you’re in the game, create your strategy and test it out:
- Select the betting mode.
- Determine the numbers and colours, or whether it will be an odd/even play.
- When you feel sure, spin the wheel by clicking the button.
- The results appear in the table at the end of the spin, indicating whether you have won or not.
Step 4: Plan your next move
In this type of online roulette, winnings or losses happen all by themselves. So, the only thing you need to do is plan your next spin to increase your winnings.
Basic French Roulette Rules
French roulette follows similar rules to the European and American versions, except for:
- “La Partage“: If you place external bets, and the ball lands on zero, you only lose half of your stake for that round. This is one of the rules that make this game so attractive.
- “The prison”: This rule goes along with La Partage, because when the ball lands on zero, the bet is neither won nor forfeited. Half of the investment remains in prison until the next round and all depends on the next spin.If the ball lands in a compound pocket, you lose the bet. But in case of a win, you get the winnings as if you had made the full stake.
- All pay-outs in French roulette come in ratios: This means that the odds of winning are multiplied by the money staked to find out how much your possible earnings will be. It is important to note that the coefficient taken is the one on the right-hand side. For example, in the case of 35:1, 35 is the value that will multiply your bet if you win.
- All bet types, as well as the dealer’s calls for action, have untranslated French names.
Bets In French Roulette
French roulette offers you competitive odds against the house, as there are several types of bets.
Below we will mention the most important ones and explain each one in detail:
Inside Bets In French Roulette
These bets take place on one number, a small group of numbers or, many neighbouring numbers.
The different sub-types of this bet are:
It has a pay-out of 35 to 1. Consists of betting on a single number including the zero. This is an option if you are already an expert in the game.
This is one of the best pay-outs you could find. And if you want to try your luck, go to Fun88 and start playing it using this bet.
It has a pay-out of 11 to 1. The aim is to bet on three consecutive numbers in a row. Besides, it allows the combinations 0, 1 and 2; and, 0, 2 and 3.
This bet type is best for mid-level players, with some knowledge but are not yet experts in the game.
Pays 5 to 1. It is the bet on six continuous numbers, or two rows of three numbers each.
This type goes well with beginner players. Even though it doesn’t pay much, it increases your chances of winning.
It has a payoff of 8 to 1. The idea is to bet on a group of four side-by-side corner numbers. Also, it allows the combination 0, 1, 2 and 3.
The pay-out is 17 to 1. The idea is to bet on two neighbouring numbers on the same line. Combinations can include 0 and 1; 0 and 2; and 0 and 3.
Outside Bets In Online French Roulette
In the French variant, there is a split outer betting board located on both sides of the table. Each of the outside bets has its French name displayed on the table. Sometimes its English translation is also shown below the French name.
Here are some of the most noteworthy outside bets:
The winning margin is small, as the pay-out is 2 to 1. You bet on predefined groups of twelve numbers. These groups are:
- “Premier Douzaine”: These are the numbers from 1 to 12. To bet, place the token in the “12P” cell.
- “Moyenne Douzaine“: These are the numbers from 13 to 24. Place the piece “12M” to place this type of bet.
- “Dernière Douzaine“: These are the numbers from 25 to 36. This bet must state placing the token in the field “12D”.
Bet on colour
It is one of the lowest paying, being one to one. The idea is to bet on a specific colour on the board. The bets are called:
- “Rouge“: Bets on the colour red. You place your token on the red diamond on the board.
- “Noir“: You bet on the colour black. You place the piece on the black diamond on the board.
You cannot bet on the green as you would be betting on zero, which is a single number. In this case, it is a straight bet.
Bet on low/high
It has a 1 to 1 pay-out. You bet half the board. In this sense, you must place the token on:
- “Manque“: If you want to bet on numbers between 1 and 18. That is to say, to the lower half.
- “Passe“: If you want to bet on the numbers between 19 and 36. In other words, on the high numbers.
It has a two-to-one pay-out. It’s an almost sure bet but doesn’t offer a large profit margin. The bet takes place by betting on all the numbers in a column. The token comes at the end of the column to state which column you are betting on.
Bet on odd/even
This is another one with a low pay-out: 1 to 1. You bet on whether the number that comes up is odd or even. The token is placed in the box of the value you want to bet on: odd or even.
Wondering what happens when you bet on low/high, colour, dozen or odd/even and zero comes out?
The answer is simple: The “en prison” rule applies. This means that you either fold with 50% of your stake, or you go to a second round with your full stake.
If in this second round there is a winner, you get your money back without any extra winnings.
The aim is to cover the largest neighbouring number range with the fewest chips to try to win. These are seen as advanced bets as they need a high level of mastery of the layout. Some of these are:
- “Voisins du Zero” is Neighbours of0: 17 numbers covered with 9 chips. You bet on 0, 2, 3, one number between 4 and 7, 12 and 15, 18 and 21, 19 and 22, 32 and 35. Besides, two numbers are bet between 25 and 29.
- “Le Tiers du Cylinder” as Third: Six tokens bet on 12 numbers. A token goes between 5 and 8, 10 and 11, 13 and 16, 23 and 24, 27 and 30; and, 33 and 36.
- “Orphelins” as Orphan: Five tokens cover eight numbers on the bet.
What’s The Difference Between French Roulette And Other Versions?
Roulette was invented in France, and in fact “roulette” means “small wheel“. Yet, as other versions got popularity before this one, you may think they are all the same but with different names. And this couldn’t be further from the truth.
In particular, there are three popular versions of roulette: French, European and American. Below we’ll explain the unique features of each so you can learn how to distinguish between them:
- It has numbers from 1 to 36, evenly divided into red and black.
- It also has zero painted in green.
- Pay-outs relate to the probability of winning.
- Its main feature is that, both the board and the types of bets, are translated from one language to another.
- It has 38 numbers. It has the typical numbers from 0 to 36, but it also includes the “00” or double zero.
- The house has the advantage of winning, but the pay-out odds are much better. And this is something that encourages expert players to take the risk to win.
- The table, bets and calls are always in English. Although some casinos offer it in other languages (including Hindi), it is most commonly found in English.
- It has rules that benefit the player and reduce the house advantage considerably.
- The board, as well as the names of the bets and the calls, are in French. They are rarely translated and this is a feature that makes it appealing.
- On outside bets, if the ball lands on zero, you get half your stake. This is thanks to the “La Partage” rule.
- The “En Prison” rule gives you a second chance on outside bets. You can go for a second round with half your stake to get your money back with no winnings when the ball lands on zero.
The Best Strategy Tips For Playing French Roulette Online
When trying to succeed at French roulette, there are some simple strategies that might work for you if you are a newbie:
- Understand the random odds: One event is always different from the previous one. Understanding statistics and probabilities will help you predict in a more assertive way.
- Know the pay-out system: The higher the pay-out, the less likely it is to come out. This type of betting is risky, but it pays off if you are looking to win big money.
- Learn about the house edge: These relate to the pay-out system and the odds of winning. But they are also influenced by the rules of the game.
- Focus on predicting winning numbers: Try to do this by getting familiar with the game in its DEMO mode and using several roulette wheels at once. Detect patterns and use them to build your game strategy.
- Use the Martingale strategy in French roulette with care: It consists of doubling your bets after a loss with the idea of getting your money back. It is usually done by betting on a colour, a column or odd/even. And the aim is to repeat the same bet several times to win back what you have spent.
- Want to play it safe? Use the D’Alembert Strategy: If you win, reduce your next bet a little. If you lose, increase your next bet a little. When you have an equal number of wins and losses, fold.
Frequently Asked Questions
RTP is the acronym for “return to player”. It’s the percentage of return that a game has. In other words, it is the money that the game returns to the players.
It is important to mention here that this return is not always in cash. Sometimes it can be prizes, bonuses, free spins and exclusive promotions.
Of course you can. Most of the sites above have demo versions of the game. So, you can play and have fun without spending a penny out of your pocket.
Keep in mind that these versions don’t allow you to withdraw your winnings. But you can also play French roulette for free using the bonuses offered by the best online casinos.
An internet-connected device and a lot wishing to have fun! Needless to say, you must be of legal age and be aware that gambling can become an addiction. The former means that you must be aware and responsible for all your actions.
It depends on what you are looking for as a player. What we can tell you is that all the French roulette online casinos in our list are outstanding. Each one has unique and amazing features. So, it’s up to you to pick one, and take it as the best.
The answer is Yes! of course you can. While it depends on the strategy you use, you do have a good chance of winning money playing roulette.
It depends on the province where you live. In some, casino gambling is legal, while in others it is not. But luckily for you, international online casinos are available all around the world. So, no matter where you live, you can enjoy this game and win real money.
Yes, some casinos operating in India offer their site in Hindi. Note that some French roulette words are not translated into any language, due to its own particular features in the game. For example, bets and calls.
Now you know everything you need to play French roulette in 2021. It’ s up to you to choose one of our lists, register, and start playing.
Remember that our blog is informative. We try to keep every article and review up to date. But as we are not associated with the casinos or software providers, the content may not be up to date.
Thus, we are not responsible for your actions, decisions or money invested. You are responsible for all.
Our mission and responsibility are to try to guide you through the world of online gambling and gaming. But it is your responsibility what you do with the information.